Scraps and Patches Robot Factory
Welcome to the Scraps and Patches Robot Factory!
Scraps and Patches is a game in active development on Steam Early Access:
I've been updating the visuals to be HD/painterly, and I was having so much fun making robots that I thought I'd make a quick app to allow friends to make robots, too. Share them with us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/doubtfulgames
Use the top row of buttons to select body parts: (head | body | leg | knee | arm/weapon | misc ).
Different variations of each body part are accessed by pressing 1-9 on your keyboard. Not all body parts have 9 variations.
Scroll Wheel OR 'W' and 'S' keys: Change size of selected part
Left Click: Place parts, activate buttons.
Right Click: Delete part (currently deletes all parts under the cursor, careful!)
Arrow up/down: Change hue of selected par
Arrow left/right: Rotate selected part
H: Flip part horizontally
V: Flip part vertically
Enter: After you save a picture of your robot, makes the buttons visible again
Click the camera button to save a picture of your creations, and share with with us @doubtfulgames
There are many problems with this tool, it's very much WIP.
- The arrows rotate the wrong way, should be reversed
- Flipping parts flips according to the object's x/y, instead of the canvas.
- Right click should only delete the topmost image
- Layers are inconsistent: If you come back to a later the depth on that later gets messed up a bit.
- Scaling down too far flips the image upside down
- Some depth sorting problems with the image attached to the cursor: it's not always accurate.
- Saturation/darkness control
- Adjusting size of images with handles
- Movable layers
- Move parts with the mouse
- Prettier UI
- Buttons automatically hide/show themselves when saving the picture
- "Clear all" function.
- More robots! Lots more!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.